Budget friendly makeovers for the master bedroom can prove to be a headache for many of us. We struggle with balancing out price and appearance and usually end up complaining about it endlessly to our friends over lunch. However, there are actually some easy, affordable ways to give your master bedroom a new lease on life. Here are a couple of helpful tips to get your room looking beautiful without dipping into your wallet too much.
Re-orient the Furniture in Your Master Bedroom
As simple as it sounds, the easiest and most budget-friendly method to get started on your master bedroom makeover begins with rearranging your furniture. Try to re-orient your furniture and figure out how it suits you and your room best.
The main goal of rearranging your furniture is to give your room the appearance of spaciousness, so here are some quick pro-tips to get you started:
- Keep in mind that your furniture arrangement has to balance out, so don’t put too many heavy elements in one corner of the room.
- Place heavier-looking items like dressers and cupboards further away from the door to lessen your visual load when entering the room.
- Have your bed against the largest wall in the bedroom- this gives the illusion of having a larger room space without having to knock down a wall.
Budget-Friendly Bargain Hunting
New, affordable furniture, new you! After reorienting the items in our rooms, some of us may be unsatisfied with the current décor arrangements and are keen on getting sparkly new items to spruce up our master bedrooms. Furniture retailers like IKEA are usually convenient options for us, having a wide variety of inexpensive items to satisfy all of our furniture fixes.
Here’s a thought. Why not mix it up and visit a junk shop? Make a note in your calendar and take a trip down to a vintage or second-hand shop to get some pre-loved furniture and decorations for cheap. Just remember to take some measurements of your bedroom to make sure that all of the furniture you want fits nicely.
Painting Preferences on a Budget
Painting is another popular, economical way to give your master bedroom a whole new look. With just a can (or two) of paint, you can change the entire atmosphere of the room. Compared to wallpapering, painting is usually more affordable on average and can be DIY-ed easily. Here is something to remember when swinging by your neighbourhood paint store.
Try to avoid making a paint purchase on your first trip to the store. Most of the time, the initial colours that you had in mind may not gel with the furniture that you’ve bought or the overall look of your bedroom. Save your purse the trouble and ask for a couple of paint samples to go. Bring them home and compare them to the furniture and fabrics that you have in mind. After confirming the colour that you want, go ahead and bring home your desired can of paint.
Finance Friendly Flooring Options- Vinyl Flooring
Flooring options are widely available to us in varying degrees of affordability. Why not try adding vinyl flooring to your list of options for your master bedroom makeover?
Vinyl flooring is a very popular choice amongst homeowners due to its affordability and durability. Able to last for up to 25 years (and through any accidental water spillages), vinyl is easy to maintain while trapping less dirt and dust due to its seamless installation. Coming in a wide assortment of designs and colours, you can even pick out patterns such as wood and stone for a more classic look.
Additionally, vinyl is much softer than its wooden and marble counterparts due to the thin layer of cushioning under its surface. This makes it a great deal more comfortable to stand or sit on for longer periods of time.
Cheap Curtain Choices
Curtains are an important part of your master bedroom makeover. The type of curtain you have in mind can make or break the appearance of your room.
Here are some helpful ways to improve on the curtains you have in mind.
- Aligning your curtains will make for a sleeker aesthetic. If you want billowing curtains, trimming the edges or tying them up will neaten the overall look of your bedroom.
- If you are hanging or are considering hanging your curtains from a curtain rod, fiddling around with its position can make a huge difference in the visual space of your bedroom.
- When installing the curtain rod, try leaving some space between the rod and the window frame. This gives the room a more sophisticated flair by making the room look taller. Likewise, extending the curtain rod will cause your bedroom to appear larger than it actually is.
Stuck on what set of fresh new curtains to buy? These articles will help you to make an informed decision before making a purchase.
- Giving Your Home Décor a Softer Feel with Curtains
- 5 Reasons to Install Blackout Curtains
- Blinds Vs Curtains – Which Is Best For You?
If you’re interested in pairing up your curtains with Solar Window Film, give this article a read to see if it’s worth installing in your home.